Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lawn and Fish

Saturday:

Spring is the growing season with everything growing including grass. This means mowing the lawn. I had to mow the lawn. It seems to me like a huge waste of time (and a nuisance because of my allergies). Some homeowners love their lawns. I have come to realize that I'm not one of those homeowners. Soon enough, I'll turn my backyard into a rock garden. Until then, I'll be doing a bit of mowing.

Sunday:

This Mother's Day, my wife and I (and the kids) decided to make dinner for Grandma and Grandpa (my in-laws). I bought salmon, some sauce, a lemon, and celery. The salmon was expensive, costing me over $20 for 4 slices, and it wasn't even very fresh salmon, having be pre-frozen according to the tag. But it is hard to find good, fresh, high-quality seafood at a local grocery market. I looked at two others before purchasing at the third market. I wonder if all grocery markets have the same mediocre quality of fish, or whether some markets are better. I think I will do some more research. After all, fish is expensive and one should receive fresh seafood if one is shelling out the money for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment