Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cheetahs

After getting some EnviroKidz Crispy Rice Bars (by Nature's Path Foods) for my kids, I was about to recycle the cardboard box when I noticed something written on the inside of the box. I opened up the box and saw an article about cheetahs and a game (Spot-the-Difference!) for kids. I showed the inside of the box to the kids and we discussed cheetahs including the fact that they are "the fastest land animal on the planet." The Spot-the-Difference game was fun for the kids. They had to guess which of four spot patterns matched which species of cat.

Sadly, the cheetahs are endangered and becoming extinct. Nature's Path is attempting to do something by educating a new generation of kids about this problem. It is a worthwhile effort. Species extinction is not a good thing. A reduction in the diversity of life on this planet is not a good thing. If humans are indeed "stewards" of Earth, then we need to do a better job.

No comments:

Post a Comment