Thursday, March 26, 2009

Family Time

My wife and I view Spring Break as a time for our family to do things together. Usually, I work late and get home when it is near the kids' bedtime, thus making family time that we can spend together all that more precious.

March 25/Wednesday:

We tried out a new play facility called Out of This World Pizza and Play located in Hillsboro. I liked it because the cost was quite reasonable with free admission for adults and no time limit after admission. The kids loved playing on the giant play gym, the little push bicycles, and the inflatable structures. My wife and I noticed that groups of parents met at Out of This World to chat and get together while their kids played. This seems like a good place for parents with kids to get together. We could see ourselves getting together with our friends and their kids just to find some time to catch up on our lives while the kids played.

March 26/Thursday:

The kids had a great time watching Rossini's retelling of Cinderella by Portland Opera To Go. This is Portland Opera's outreach program to Oregon students. It is an attempt to get young people interested in opera--a difficult task, I suspect, but a worthwhile task that Portland Opera should be applauded for attempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment