Friday, July 17, 2009

Wood Work and High Temps

THURSDAY
I used to not care much for saving scraps of wood. That's because I do not do much outdoor work. But I've learned (or relearned) the benefits of saving scraps of wood now that I'm working on the wooden outdoor play structure. I bought it at a garage sale and most of the parts work well, but some parts rotted and need replacing, which is when having pieces of wood laying around can be very handy.

FRIDAY
The temperature is into the 90s and the best thing to do is to stay indoors where there is air conditioning. I ventured out momentarily with my kids to walk to a garage sale a block away. But even that was a chore in the heat. For dinner, we decided to go to the mall because it would be air conditioned. The main thought during this hot weather is just staying cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment