Thursday, February 19, 2009

Calculator

My son wanted me place a new battery in an electronic calculator he recently found in a desk drawer. I was not thinking about the battery, but about the memories associated with the calculator. It had belonged to my brother until he gave it to me many, many years ago, perhaps over two decades ago. It is a TI-25 made by Texas Instruments. I do not even know if Texas Instruments is still around. (Yes it is. I just read the Wikipedia article on Texas Instrument that says it is one of the major semiconductor manufacturers.) I just remember Texas Instruments being a big, if not the biggest, manufacturer of electronic calculators during a time when having one was all the rage during the 70's and 80's. I, like everyone else, wanted one, and I eventually had several including my brother's TI-25. Now, after a simple battery replacement, I will pass it on to my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment