Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fun and Learning

My wife and I love books, and we try to instill this into our kids. Rather than buying another toy, at times, we will instead buy them a book. Today, my wife got a WordGirl book for our daughter. I like Wordgirl a lot because she is a superheroine based on words. The plots includes words like "lexicon." My daughter enjoys reading Wordgirl books (and at times watching the Wordgirl cartoon), and my wife and I are thrilled that she is doing something she enjoys while learning at the same time.

For our son, my wife got him a Puppy Phonics board game. He didn't get a chance to play with it because it was nearing bedtime. But he will probably want to play with it the first thing in the morning tomorrow. He loves dogs, so the combination of "dogs" and "phonics" will go well together to create the "fun" and "learning" combination that I like so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment