Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Puppy Phonics

My son insisted on showing me his Puppy Phonics game he received yesterday. I was heartened to see that he wanted to play the game. I am quite sure that there are many more learning games than there are kids who want to play them. But my son wanted to play this learning game. It's a board game with a spinner containing vowels and if the spin lands on a particular vowel (such as the "e"), then the little doggy figure is moved to a word containing the "e" vowel.

It is sometimes a challenge to limit the time the kids spend playing online games on the computer. But with learning games such as Puppy Phonics that are also educational, the challenge can be more easily met. Of course, it helps if the board game relates to something the child already likes. My son likes puppies, so with a game called Puppy Phonics, it is a sure bet that my child will want to play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment