Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Batman

Back in the good ol' days, when my brothers and I were young kids playing, we did not have Nintendo or Wii or computers to play with. Instead, our games were much simpler. We'd play tag, kick a ball, or play "paper-rock-scissor." Also, I recall we'd pretend that we were Batman by making a circle with the index finger and thumb, placing our finger circles to our eyes by turning our wrists outward, with the elbows out, and with the palms and other fingers against the cheeks. We didn't have expensive superhero costumes or masks. Imagination reigned.

This was the '70s--a simpler time and a simpler life. Not that life was easy. Life can be hard in any age. But life was less technologically complex; the pace of life was a bit less hurried. Teaching my kids today to make that simple Batman mask made me recall those earlier days--the days of my youth. The simple enjoyment I felt then, my kids felt today.

No comments:

Post a Comment