Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Paper Product

To have the kids "create" something, I showed them how to fold a paper boat. My brothers and I during our younger days often folded paper to create all kinds of things including balls, hats, boats, and animals. This was an inexpensive, fun, and creative way for us to spend our time. I wanted my children to also experience this type of creative fun.

I tried today to fold the paper to create the boat as I did in my youth, but I realized I had forgotten how. But with a few clicks on the web, I found a site called Origami-Instructions.com that provided instructions with photos. The site allowed me to show the kids how to create a paper boat, and they greatly enjoyed the task. Then they placed the paper boats in the tub while taking a bath.

A fun time was had by all, until I realized the kids had shredded some of the boats in the tub and this resulted in paper bits everywhere in the tub water. I tried to pick out all the bits of paper and finally gave up hoping that the paper would eventually all drain away without clogging the pipes. We'll see. In the end, I am glad the kids learned about origami.

No comments:

Post a Comment