Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dinner

For our Sunday dinner, I made a "shrimp noodle" dish. I had made noodle dinners before, but not a shrimp noodle. First, I cooked rice noodle ("Rice Sticks" from Thailand) in water until it was soft. I then stir fried a frozen package of "no-fat" shrimp and vegetables (from "Eating Right"). After pouring out the hot noodle water, I added the shrimp and vegetables (along with my home-made sauce) to the rice noodle. Dinner was served. I thought the kids would enjoy the shrimp, but it seemed they enjoyed the rice noodle more. I'm sure the kids could eat just rice noodle (or bread or other starchy food) all day. But there is a thing called "nutrition" and to ensure they get it, I have to always strongly urge them to eat other foods. I'm sure all parents understand what I am saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment